Stanley K. Barth
Stanley K. Barth
Stan Barth’s experience in representing developers, owners, purchasers and investors in real estate transactions throughout the United States extends beyond 30 years of service. Stan and his team at Andrews & Barth have represented clients based in the Dallas/Fort Worth SMSA as well as those with a national presence. Stan’s experience covers a wide variety of real estate product types with geographic diversity. Stan has represented clients in the development, re-development, financing, leasing, acquisition and disposition of major retail facilities (the largest of which was a power center of 114 acres of land and approximately 1 million square feet of lease space), industrial projects, office developments, mixed-use communities, portfolios and multi-family projects. One client has invested in more than 200 individual transactions representing assets totaling more than $3 billion.
While many lawyers focus exclusively on the legal aspects of transactions, Stan’s experience allows him to assist far beyond this scope. At one point in his career, Stan helped form and lead a real estate development company which grew to have several offices in the United States acquiring, constructing and developing retail, multi-family and single family projects. Although fully respecting his role as legal counsel, many clients have greatly benefited by the manner in which Stan understands their business and is capable of consulting as to business matters. His practice philosophy includes:
- Being the Client’s team member and not just a third party consultant.
- Being an ambassador for the Client, seeking to help build and foster good business relationships.
- Being a gatekeeper for the Client, keeping watch over and filtering the decisions and actions of those carrying out the Client’s business to help assure quality control and achieving the Client’s business objectives.
- Being a mentor to help build, encourage, teach and train those employed by the Client.
“My purpose and business is not limited to business alone. My foremost desire is to build a close relationship with my clients reflecting commitment and integrity. This is a core value and will not be compromised. It’s just good business and good for business.” –Stan Barth
- Chairman of the Board, ROD Prison Ministry, a prison ministry serving in the prisons and continuing to closely walk with its clients after release. Not only does Stan serve on the Board, but he is now in his second decade of being a faithful volunteer serving weekly in one of the prison units and forming personal relationships with ROD clients.
- Co-Founder of Mission Marketplace, a ministry to encourage small groups of men to meet weekly with the focus of carrying their faith into the workplace and witnessing their faith by the manner in which they conduct their business.
- Board of Directors, Dallas Real Estate Ministries from 2005 to 2011.
Public Awards and Recognitions:
- ROD Prison Ministry – 2006 Recipient of the Governor’s Criminal Justice Volunteer Service Award
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D. 1979, with honors)
- Southwest Texas State University (B.A.1976, with highest honors)
Admitted to Practice:
- Supreme Court of Texas